Canon is a Japan-based printer manufacturer that has developed great trust among its users. More than millions use Canon printers worldwide. A Canon printer user may see the error code 5B02 on their printer. Fixing the error code may be difficult for some, so we have provided effective solutions for you. You can fix the error code on your Canon printer with the help of the steps given below.
What Causes the Canon Printer Error Code 5B02?
When the ink absorber becomes full, the error code 5B02 is likely to occur on a Canon printer. In such a situation, your Canon printer is not able to detect the sponge absorber. The situation can lead to the occurrence of the error code 5B02 on the Canon printer. The error code appears due to internal technical issues, so you need to pay immediate attention to the error code to fix it.
Solutions to Rectify the Error Code 5B02 on Your Canon Printer
To fix the error code 5B02 on your Canon printer, you can follow the instructions given below.
Use the Service Tool
By using the Service Tool, you can troubleshoot the error code 5B02 in minutes by following the provided steps:
- First and foremost, you need to go to the Service Tool.
- Make sure that you have loaded the paper correctly.
- Move towards the “Set Destination” section.
- Under the option, you now need to click on the drop-down arrow that you see before the “region” option and hit the “region” button first, and then hit the “Set” button.
- Now, you need to go to the “Clear Ink Counter” section.
- You need to tap on the drop-down arrow that you see in front of the Absorber option.
- After that, you will see a new window appear on the screen. Scroll down to select the main-Black option. Next, select the “Set” button.
- Now, move towards the EEPROM section and scroll down until you see the “Printer prints one sheet” option.
- When the next window appears, tap on the Service Tool window.
- Proceed to the upper-right corner and tap on the Auto option.
- After going through the steps given above, tap on the “Test Print” option to check if the error code has disappeared.
Reset the Canon Printer
If the steps mentioned above do not help you solve the error code on your Canon printer, you can try out the steps given below:
- First of all, power off your Canon printer.
- Then, press and hold the Stop/ reset button on the Canon printer.
- Continue holding the Stop/ reset button and then press the ON button.
- Wait for a few seconds. Then release the Stop/reset button.
- Press the Stop/ Reset button two times while releasing the ON button.
- When you see the “Idle” message on display, release the button.
- Now, open the printer cover to check the cartridges.
- Pull out both black and color cartridges, close the cartridge cover and turn off the printer.
- Wait for at least 5 seconds, and then turn on your Canon printer.
- When the printer is in a ready state, install the cartridges properly.
- Press the Stop/ reset button and then wait for it to restart.
- Or else, you can unplug the power cable from the socket and turn it off and restart the printer again.
- Carrying out the steps mentioned above will fix the error code 5B02.
By going through the steps above, a Canon printer user can quickly troubleshoot the error code 5B02. The article explains the causes for the occurrence of the error code and how to fix it. We hope you find the solutions effective.