Canon printers are excellent and reliable. Most people opt for Canon printers as they offer good printing quality. Sometimes, a Canon printer may run into some serious errors. One of the most common errors is 5b00. If you are facing the error 5b00 on your Canon printer, you have come to the right place. We have listed the ways to troubleshoot the error code 5b00 on a Canon printer. You can fix it in just a few simple steps.
What Happens When the Error Code 5b00 Occurs?
The error code 5b00 occurs when your Canon printer cannot print due to the ink cartridge’s improper usage. A printer does not function well if it faces the error code 5b00. Before you try to troubleshoot the error, you need to know what causes the error code 5b00.
What Causes the Error Code 5b00?
When there is an ink spill inside your printer, the error code 5b00 may appear on the screen. The same case can happen to any Canon printer. You can fix the problem in simple steps.
Reset the Waste Ink Counter
By resetting the waste ink counter, a Canon printer user can fix the error code 5b00. Follow the steps:
- First and foremost, unplug the power cable and USB cable from your Canon printer.
- Open the cartridge door and then press down the power button.
- Keep in mind that you need to hold the power button until you see the printer restarting itself.
- When the lights start glowing, release it.
- Wait until the green power light goes off.
- Now, press and release the power button two times.
- You will see the green light blinking for a few seconds.
- You need to close the cartridge door and try printing again.
- After going through the steps mentioned above, the problem will be fixed.
Clean the Waste Ink Pad Properly
In order to fix the error, a Canon printer user needs to clean the waste ink pad properly. Follow the steps given below:
- Open the ink cartridge compartment depending on the Canon printer model. This compartment could be either on the front or the rear side of the printer.
- Disconnect your printer’s cord.
- You will see a row of white rollers behind the cartridge.
- Search for a square foam pad.
- Detach the waste ink absorber by pulling its rubber frame.
- Clean it by using a paper towel. Try to collect all the ink waste on the paper towel pieces.
- After that, you need to install all the cartridges again.
- Now, reinstall the frame in your Canon printer.
- Press and hold the power button by reconnecting the power cord.
- When the printer becomes on, release the button.
- Wait for at least five seconds and push the power button once again. Doing so will reset your Canon printer’s internal memory and fix the error code 5b00.
In some cases, the error may not be easy to fix. You can try out the solutions provided below. These will help you fix the error code 5b00. Follow the instructions:
- If the print head is not clean, this can lead to the error code 5b00. Ensure that your printer is clean.
- Check the ink level. The problem may occur when the ink level is low.
- Reset your printer to factory settings.
The solutions mentioned above will help a user troubleshoot the Canon printer error code 5b00. We hope you find the solutions helpful enough.
Hello, I’m John. I am a Blogger. I am currently living in Missouri,USA. I had over 3-years of experience of writing blogs, with specific expertise in printers. You can check my recent blogs on : canon.com/ijsetup