Canon printers are known for offering high-quality prints and have occupied a great position in the world of printers. Millions of people use the printers manufactured by Canon. They are suitable for both home and office use. Sometimes, a Canon printer user may encounter error 5100 that can annoy anyone. Are you searching for the solution to canon printer error 5100? Do you want the error to go away quickly? If your answer to both of these questions is yes, you are at the right place. There is no need to worry! We have provided effective ways to fix the error. Let’s get started.
Important Points to Keep in Mind
The error 5100 appears for various reasons. The solution may vary depending on the Canon printer model. Whichever Canon printer model you own, you will be able to fix the problem in just a few simple steps. Canon printer error 5100 is a common problem that people mostly face on inkjet printers. Some other types of Canon printers can also have this error. If your Canon printer ever runs into the error 5100, you need to follow the tips below to troubleshoot the problem.
Check for Paper Jam Inside Canon Printer
The cause of several errors on the Canon printer is the paper jam. By removing any stuck paper in your Canon printer, you can fix almost any problem. Sometimes a torn paper stuck in the sheet feeder tray may cause such errors to appear. To remove a piece of paper from the sheet feeder tray, follow these steps:
- Open the printer output cover and check if there is no piece of paper inside.
- Now, you need to open the rear panel, check if there is no paper inside it.
- After that, load the papers again into the feeder tray.
- Turn on the power button and then turn on the printer button. If any paper is stuck inside, it will come out.
Adjust the Position of the Cartridge
The improper positioning of a cartridge may cause such an error. Check if you have correctly put the ink cartridge in your Canon printer. To re-install the cartridge in your Canon printer, follow the steps:
- Keep your printer turned on.
- Now, open the front panel.
- When you open the front panel, the cartridge will automatically come out.
- At the replacement position, you can set the cartridge again in the right position.
- While re-installing the cartridge, you need to turn off your Canon printer.
- After the process is complete, you can start and check if the problem is fixed.
Reset Your Canon Printer
To get rid of the error 5100, one can reset their printer. When a Canon printer does the long-hour work of printing, it needs a reset so that it starts working properly again. To reset your Canon printer, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power button of your Canon printer.
- If the button is not available, disconnect it from the power source.
- Wait for about 10 minutes and turn on the printer.
Clean the Dust Inside Your Canon Printer
If your Canon printer is not kept away from dust, it is common that your Canon printer may have a 5100 error. Clean your printer with a soft cotton cloth. You can use a handheld vacuum cleaner to clean if you want.
Keep the Printing Encoder Clean
The printing encoder is made up of plastic. It is situated behind the Cartridge holder. If it is dirty, your Canon printer may run into error 5100. Keep it clean.
The effective solutions to fix the Canon printer error 5100 have been shared above. We hope you find the solutions of great help to you.
Hello, I’m John. I am a Blogger. I am currently living in Missouri,USA. I had over 3-years of experience of writing blogs, with specific expertise in printers. You can check my recent blogs on : canon.com/ijsetup